PSALM 127

Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman keeps awake in vain...Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; they will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate.

Friday, December 31, 2010

The First Few Weeks

I am wishing I blogged along and along for the first few weeks, because in a way, a lot of it seems a blur. I remember long, but sweet and cuddly nights. I remember a content baby. I remember amazing support and love from my sweet husband. I remember battling emotions and anxiety. I remember recovering. I remember a Lord who always provided.


Eliza slept in a bassinet in our bedroom for the first 2 weeks since I needed to be up every 2 hours with her.

It didn’t take me long to realize that I wasn’t going to sleep as long as she was in the room. So into the crib in the nursery she went.

It didn’t take me long to realize that I wasn’t going to sleep as long as the monitor was on. So off the monitor went.

I battled those typical feelings of anxiousness you get with a newborn. I was afraid she would stop breathing. I was afraid she would aspirate. I was afraid she was going to get too cold and get sick. I was afraid she was going to get too hot and become dehydrated. Afraid, afraid, afraid. Kyle said, “Victoria, she is going to be fine. Trust the Lord.” So I did. And miraculously, we’re all still kickin.’

Our church family was unbelievably gracious to us. We had amazing meals for over 2 weeks. We are grateful for our family in Christ away from home. We love you, Reformation OPC!

Here are a few pics from the first few weeks:

The first of the monthly photo shoots





Ummm, a little help?




Sweet Baby Toes

Ready for church

No comments:

Post a Comment