PSALM 127

Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman keeps awake in vain...Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; they will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Welcome Home, Eliza

We checked out of the hospital a little after lunchtime on Sunday afternoon.  Everyone headed back to SC except for Mom (Grandmamma Ann).  She stayed with us for a week.  I cannot imagine what that week would have been like without her.  She cleaned the house.  She cooked.  She tended to Eliza between feedings so that I could get some rest. She calmed my nerves when I thought Eliza slept too much and when I thought she stayed awake too long, when I thought she spit up too much and when I didn't think she was eating enough.  She was amazing.  I'm sure she could have corrected me on many accounts with her wisdom and experience, but instead she allowed me to trust my instincts and work through each obstacle as a first time Mom - as Eliza's Mom. 

Headed home




A surprise from Aunt Annie!













First bath at home


   

No comments:

Post a Comment